As from 1st January 2022, PL VAT law introduces the new, reduced deadlines for the VAT refund- 15 days and 40 days. Currently, there are three deadlines for the refund of the VAT – 25 days, 60 days and 180 days. We have mentioned about it in the below article: https://polishtax.com/the-deadlines-for-the-vat-refunds-in-poland/
VAT refund within 40 days
As from 1st January 2021, the PL tax authorities will be obligated to refund the excess of input tax over output tax within 40 days calculated from the date of the submission of the VAT reports if the below conditions will be met:
- taxpayer issues only the structured invoices (e- invoices) in the given period,
- the amount transferred from the previous periods and shown in the given period to be refunded does not exceed PLN 3 000,
- taxpayer for the 12 months directly preceding the period in which the taxpayer applies for a refund was registered as active VAT taxpayer, submitted JPK_V7 as well as possessed the bank account indicated on the white list. It is worth to mention that the right to a VAT refund within 40 days will not be granted to new entities registered as an active VAT taxpayer for the first 12 months of its business activities.
VAT refund within 15 days
If, from 1st January 2022, the taxpayer will wish to receive a VAT refund within 15 days calculated from the date of the submission the VAT report, he will be obligated to meet jointly the several conditions:
a) for the three subsequent periods (for the taxpayer settling quarterly reports – for one tax period) directly preceding the period in which the taxpayer will apply for the VAT refund, the percentage share:
- of the total gross sale recorded by on-line or virtual cash registers will be not lower than 80%,
- payments received using the payment instruments (payment cards, mobile payments, bank transfers) for gross sale recorded by on-line or virtual cash registers in relation to the total value of gross sale will not be lower than 80% (from 1st January 2021 to 31st December 2023, the percentage share must be minimum 65%),
- taxpayer will possess the company’s bank account shown on the white list,
b) for the next 12 months directly preceding the period in which the taxpayer applies for a VAT refund:
- the total value of gross sale recorded by cash registers (on- line or virtual) for each of period will not be lower than PLN 50 000,
- taxpayer must be registered as an active VAT taxpayer, submit the JPK_V7 for each period and record the sales only with cash register (on- line or virtual).
c) for the period in which the taxpayer applies for VAT refund:
- the VAT amount to be refunded will not exceed twice the VAT amount resulting from the sale recorded using cash registers (on- line or virtual),
- the amount transferred from the previous periods and shown in the given period as to be refund will not exceed PLN 3 000,
- the VAT reports must be submitted before deadline.
Read more about our VAT Reporting Services https://polishtax.com/services/vat-reporting-poland/– –